Facebook page: www.facebook.com/dougpullerartist
Facebook profile: www.facebook.com/dougpuller
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@dougpuller
- Yorkfest Adult Juried Art Exhibition. Creative York. York, PA, USA. 2019.
- Rottler Selection Juried Exhibition. York Art Association. York, PA, USA. 2019.
- Wide Open 10 – National Juried Art Show. The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (BWAC). Brooklyn, NY, USA. 2019.
- Biennial 2019 at the Venice Biennale. The Biennial Project (online). 2019.
- Small Format Juried Exhibit. National Collage Society. Grand Junction, CO, USA. 2019.
- 4th Annual International Artist’s Choice Art Exhibition. Fusion Art (online). 2019.
- Bookish. HIVE artspace. York, PA, USA. 2019.
- Human Nature. Colors of Humanity Art Gallery (online). 2019.
- 9th Annual Figurative Art Competition. Light Space Time (online). 2019.
- Identity. Creative York. York, PA, USA. 2019.
- Senior Art & Design Manager. Bread for the World. 2011-present.
- Fine Art Instructor. KDO Academy. 2008-2010.
- Web Designer & Artist. Modern Tymes, LLC. 2009-2011.
- Art & Design Director. The Daily Record. 2001-2009.
- Graphic Designer. Stratford University. 2000.
- Living Arts College @ School of Communication Arts. Art and Design. 2000.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Visual Arts. 1999.
- Maryland Institute College of Art. Painting Program in Studio Art. 1991.
Honors & Awards
- Award Winner. Rottler Selection Juried Exhibition. York Art Association. 2019.
- Award Winner. Small Format Juried Exhibit. National Collage Society. 2019.
- Merit Award. 9th Annual Figurative Art Competition. Light Space Time. 2019.
- Special Recognition. 9th Annual Figurative Art Competition. Light Space Time. 2019.
- Honorable Mention. Human Nature International Art Exhibition. Colors of Humanity Art Gallery. 2019.
- 5th Place. 4th Annual International Artist’s Choice Art Exhibition. Fusion Art. 2019.
- 35 Awards (5 Best in Class, 22 Award of Excellence, and 8 Certificate of Merit) for Art and Graphic Design. Religion Communicators Council (RCC) DeRose-Hinkhouse Memorial Awards. 2013-2019.
- Over 50 Awards (including 20 First Place) for Art and Graphic Design. MDDC Press Association. 2001-2009.
Organizations / Affiliations & Memberships
- York Art Association.
- National Collage Society.
- Baltimore County Arts Guild.
- Religion Communicators Council (RCC).
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA). 2015-2017.
I attempt to illustrate the human condition with its inherent flaws and layered complexity.
Artist Statement (long version)
People are complex and nuanced. We have many layers and live many different chapters within the ‘books’ of our lives. We often bury things, disturbing or painful things, deep within us in an attempt to hide it.
In my art I create stories and represent emotions and feelings within the many layers I put down. I attempt to represent the frequently buried incidents of our lives as layers of old book pages. I look through many old books in my collection to select pages that I feel express the ideas I am trying to illustrate. I then paint or draw on top of these collaged components. I use mixed-media because it gives me the freedom to use whatever I want to better express my ideas. I sometimes conceal items under the surface in many layers and later often partially excavate them—as it often goes with our lives.
I also believe the ways individuals interpret my pieces is dependent upon each viewer’s own background and experiences and how they attempt to connect all of the often disparate fragments within the artwork.
Also the creator of the upcoming graphic novel, Synthetic Knights – set within The Book of Aethirus.